Thursday, April 12, 2012

Week 12: Clear- Telecommunications

Welcome to week 12's blog!

This week we focused on telecommunications. Although there is alot to talk about when it comes to this subject, I want to focus my blog on the security of the internet. In recent years uses of the internet have become much more personal. I do not mean just through social media networks like Facebook and Twitter, but more along the lines of online banking, and other extremely personal applications. I use online banking all the time, and always fear that someone will be able to tap into my personal information. If this were to happen, it could become a serious problem. One way I try to avoid this is by not logging on while on an unsecured wireless network. Although this is just one small step, I try to keep my information private as much as possible.

This video from Norton explains one system they have come up with to help protect internet users. Norton is a very farmiliar name when it comes to internet security along with McAfee, BitDefender, and many more. Although these different software packages can be useful, it is impossible for them to protect you from all hackers.


This is an image from Gadgetmeter.com that shows one way that they have come up with to protect your personal information in a public setting. Although this is meant to be just a humorous example, I am sure that some people would go to these lengths to protect what they feel is private information.

Thank you for reading my week 12 blog, see you next week!

No comments:

Post a Comment