Sunday, April 22, 2012

Social Media Project

After completing this project, I have learned a lot about social media within a large company. I personally only use Facebook when it comes to social media sites, but made a Twitter account for this project. I do not have a full understanding of how to use Twitter, and do not have many friends, but now that I have an account, I plan on using it a lot more. I have also learned that one single company can have many different accounts on a social media site. Ford has 13 by themselves.



I have also learned that YouTube is a very large site when it comes to social media for large companies. The good thing about using YouTube is that people enjoy watching videos, and know how to use the website. Most everyone has been to YouTube to watch a video of some sort. Not only can you find videos from the company them self, but also from other private sources that have done reviews for certain products.

This video from LotProCars shows and example of review that they have put on YouTube for viewers to see.

Lastly, I learned that working online with a group is not very easy. Getting in contact with everyone in the group can by very difficult. For example, some of our members did not respond to any emails or messages until the last day of the project. I feel that group work in person is much easier because you can sit down and talk face to face, not hoping that you can get a hold of someone through email.

This is the link to my groups project on Ford.

https://ism3004socialmedia.wikispaces.com/Ford

No comments:

Post a Comment