Sunday, April 1, 2012

Database Project Blog Post

Welcome to my Database Project blog post!

Throughout this project I was amazed at how much Access has to offer. From queries, to forms, and even regular spreadsheets. To me it almost seemed like Excel with a lot more features. The function that I learned the most about is the Form function. Before this project I never had the opportunity to use this part of Access. At first it seemed that creating a form would be a complicated task. Now that I have completed the project, the functionality of this feature and the program as a whole are completely user friendly. Also, being able to create the forms from tables and queries is quite useful.

One thing that I would add to the program is video tutorials about the different parts of the program. I know that there is the help link that explains different functions, but watching it done is much more helpful. Being that this was the first time that I used a couple of the different functions of the program, being able to go back and watch Professor Olson work through it step by step was very helpful. If there was a way for Access to put these types of tutorials in their help section, it would be much easier to work through new parts of the program.

Thank you for reading my post, and I hope that Access becomes more useful in future business!

No comments:

Post a Comment