Thursday, January 19, 2012

Week 1 Getting Started: Clear- Netiquette

Hello everyone, this is my first blogging experience so please bear with me! This class seems to be a good break from the normal online classes I've had. I enjoy the fact that it is not all about the tests but more focused on applications.

For this week I chose to talk about the clear evaluation I got of netiquette. Before watching the lecture on this topic I really never thought about how people can react to the different ways information is portrayed through the internet. The main point that really stuck out to me was the way that all caps can be portrayed. I personally do not use all caps when typing, but have never really taken it as "screaming" like the lecture said. To me it looks somewhat childish and unprofessional.

This video produced by Dr. William Brendel uses old time approach that connects manners from the home and applies them to "E-Manners".


Thank you for reading, and I hope this semester is a success and enjoyable!

No comments:

Post a Comment